Aesthetic Limited (“Acethetix”, “Testing Services” ”we”, “us” “our”) with UK Company Registration No. 12399278 and registered office at 23 Burnedge Fold Road, Oldham, OL4 4EE. Trading address, 73A Market Street, Stalybridge, Cheshire, SK15 2 AA.
To use any Acethix’s Services you must agree to these Terms of Service (“TOS”) along with our Privacy Notice (the “Privacy Notice”). This is a legal contract that affects your rights and obligations. You should read this because any use of the Services signifies your acceptance of the Terms.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Your use of Acethetix’ Services is subject to the terms defined in this TOS. These TOS apply to any use of Acethetix’ Services, including:
- The provision of the COVID-19 screening kit.
- The collection of your deep nose and throat sample.
- Sample processing in our accredited laboratory.
- The provision of your results for SARS-CoV-2 – the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
- The provision of an online platform to interact with your Information on the website or application (the “Website”, “Our Site”).
- The provision of account and Service-related support.
Your use of the Services is also subject to any applicable terms, policies, and rules required by law that we may post or provide links to. This currently includes the Privacy Notice and Laboratory Request Form. All such applicable terms, policies and rules are considered part of the Terms.
To use Axethetix’ Services, you must first agree to the TOS. You cannot use the Services if you do not accept the TOS.
CHANGES TO THE TERMS OF SERVICE
Acethetix can make changes to the TOS from time to time. When these changes are made, they will be available from or through the Services.
You understand and accept that if you use the Service after the date the TOS was changed, Acethetix will treat your use as an agreement of the updated TOS.
You may not use the Services, nor may you accept the TOS if (1) You are under the age of 16 acting without parental consent (“legal age”), or (2) you are a person barred from receiving the Services under the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are resident or from which you use the Services.
Test and Release for Travel
Different governments have different testing requirements for travel. Please refer to travel advice from your destination government. You can check individual country details at https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
It is not our responsibility to check that you have the correct test and within the required timeframes, as may be stimulated from time to time, by other countries. We will only undertake to facilitate the test that you book and on the date and time specified.
The Services include access to the Website. and its Services, which include creating your account and associated profiles, conducting the test, analysing your deep nose and throat sample, and providing your COVID-19 test results. Unless stated, each new feature that is added to the current Services will be subject to the TOS. You accept and agree that the Services are provided “AS-IS” and are based on the current state of research and technology used by Acethetix when using the Services.
Once your order is confirmed you should receive it within 2-3 business days, however this may vary at times. If you have not received your order, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have taken your sample you must return it to us within 24 hours. Maintain the samples at room temperature and keep it out of direct sunlight. Return your sample using the prepaid express return envelope for Royal Mail received with your COVID-19 screening kit. This is to ensure the delivery is efficiently tracked.
It is the responsibility of the buyer, if more than one COVID-19 screening kit is purchased, to ensure that the sample that is returned matches the screening kit activated for the Donor. This is paramount to us being able to report the results to the correct person.
Acethetix and its contractors will make every reasonable endeavor to analyze your sample and to provide you with a results report. However, if you have not undertaken the test in accordance with the User Instructions, or have failed to complete the requested information correctly, we may not be able to process your sample; should this occur, we may provide you with a new test at the cost of the initial quoted price per screening kit, at our own discretion. In this circumstance any money already paid will not be refunded. It may not be possible to analyze the sample provided due to several factors including (But not limited to) – insufficient sample collected, contaminated sample, incorrect packaging of the sample, laboratory assessment of sample provided, laboratory process failure, sample not received at the laboratory. In any of these circumstances – Acethetix will not be held liable for any loss or costs associated with re-test or delay to travel / or costs incurred for rescheduling of any travel arrangements.
Following receipt of your sample at the laboratory, we aim to provide your results within 24/48 hours. We may deliver your results earlier than the time indicated within this document. Delivery dates for test results are approximate only and Acethetix will not be held liable for any delay in delivery.
This screening kit should be used for initial screening purposes as a convenient and confidential way of getting tested quickly for a suspected COVID-19 infection. The results are not intended to replace medical advice, nor should they be used as a full diagnosis, or to prescribe medication without consulting an appropriate medical professional. Laboratory testing will always have a small degree of variability. Aesthetic has rigorously researched the extent of accuracy available across laboratories. Aesthetic and its contractors have the assurance that the COVID- 19 assay provided with the purchase of the screening kit, has been independently evaluated by private clinical institutions and public health authorities and have reported evidence of screening result accuracy. Our operational and reporting processes work within defined industry standards to provide exceptionally high accuracy. The aesthetic is a UKAS applicant to ISO: 15189, Medical Laboratory Quality Standard.
You can stop using the Services at any time. You do not need to inform Acethetix when you stop using the Services unless you request to close your account. Aesthetic does not have any responsibility for the use of the Services outside the TOS terms or any other terms that apply.
This service will only be available to individuals residing within the UK only.
By accessing Acethetix Services, you agree to, acknowledge, and represent as follows:
- You understand that the information you obtain from Acethetix will tell you if you are positive or negative for SARS-CoV-2 – the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
- You understand that Acethetix encourages you to seek the advice and assistance of your healthcare providers or your physician should you test positive.
- You understand that, should you test positive, you will have to self-isolate.
- You guarantee that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with Acethetix.
- You guarantee that the sample you provide is collected as prescribed and belongs to you; and
- If you are agreeing to these TOS on behalf of someone else from whom you have legal authorization, you guarantee that the sample provided belongs to that person and you have legal authority to act on that person’s behalf.
- If you are providing your sample from a place outside the United Kingdom, you confirm that this action is not subject to any export ban or restriction in the country where you live.
- You acknowledge that the deep nose and throat sample that you provide, and its resulting information can be transferred and/or processed outside the country where you live.
- You acknowledge that some information you receive can provoke strong emotions.
- You are responsible for all the consequences resulting from sharing your Health Information and Self-Reported Information with others.
- You understand that while we would like Users to have the freedom to share their journey, express their opinion and review their experience with us, Acethetix reserves the right to remove or instruct removal without notice any public posts that are deemed in violation of the TOS.
- You acknowledge that by providing a sample, having your Health Information analyzed, accessing your Health Information, or providing information about yourself, you do not have any proprietary or other rights in any research or products that might be developed by Acethetix or its partners. You understand that you will not benefit in any way from research or from products resulting from your Health Information or Self-Reported Information.
You agree that you have the authority; under the laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside, to make these representations. In case you break any of these representations or breach these TOS in any manner, Acethetix has the right to terminate your account and refuse the future use of Acethetix Services and you will indemnify and hold harmless Acethetix and its affiliates against any liability or damages that may arise in case these contracts are broken.
ACETHETIX’S PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
You understand and agree that Acethetix owns all the legal rights and interests to the Services, including intellectual property rights (including patents) that subsist in the Services. You also understand that the Services can contain information deemed as confidential by Acethetix and you cannot disclose this information without Phrenetics’ permission and written consent.
Unless you have been authorized through writing by Acethetix, you agree not to use any trademarks, trade names, or logos of any company or organization through the Services in a way that is intended to cause confusion about such marks, names, and logos.
You agree not to access the Service through other means except through the interface provided by Aesthetic. Any rights that are not granted here are reserved.
ACCOUNT MAINTENANCE, PASSWORDS AND SECURITY OBLIGATIONS
In return for your use of Acethetix’ Services, you agree to: (a) provide accurate and current Registration Information about yourself as requested by the Services; and (b) maintain and update your Registration Information to keep it accurate and current. If you provide information that is inaccurate or not current, or if Acethetix suspects that your Registration Information is inaccurate and not current, Acethetix has the right to terminate or suspend your account and refuse any current or future use of the Service.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login credentials for your account, and you are responsible for all the activities that happen under your password and account. If you allow others to access Our Site through your account and password, you will indemnify Acethetix and its affiliates against any liability or costs arising from claims by other people based on the access and use of your account.
Should you have a query about the service contact email@example.com.
You agree to: (a) immediately notify Acethetix of any use of your password or account that has not been authorised; and (b) exit from your account after each session. Acethetix EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE ARISING FROM NOT FOLLOWING THIS SECTION.
Acethetix will not offer a refund on any unused screening kits.
Nothing in these terms or conditions excludes the liability of Acethetix for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, fraud, or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Acethetix will not be liable to you for any direct or indirect loss of profit, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, or any claims for compensation, any punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages, which may arise out of, or in connection with the use of the goods or services provided by Acethetix.
The TOS and any dispute or claim arising out of, or in connection with it, its subject matter or formation shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England and Wales, and the English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction.
KEY TERMS AND DEFINITIONS
– is defined as illness caused by a novel coronavirus now called severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2; formerly called 2019-nCoV).
– means the individual to whom the sample biologically belongs.
– means personal data related to the physical or mental health of a natural person, including the provision of health care services, which reveal information about his or her health status. For the purposes of Project Screen, this includes the COVID-19 test results
– means Project Screen, which is owned by Acethetix, a low-cost initiative in providing a solution to get individuals tested and diagnosed for COVID-19 as a means to support an important cause that seeks to help the nation get back to a sense of normality.
– means any data received by Acethetix from Users for Purposes of providing the Services or making Our Site available, and includes Personal Information, Health Information, and Sensitive Personal Information. For more information about processing Personal Information, please read our Privacy Notice.
– means the website that Acethetix owns, located at https://www.projectscreen.co.uk/.
– means any data about a Data Subject that can be used to identify the Data Subject, whether directly or indirectly, and includes data such as name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person, and as further defined in Applicable Law.
– means Project Screen Test(s), products, mobile app, software, services, consultation, and website (including but not limited to text, graphics, images, and other material and information) as accessed from time to time by the user, regardless if the use is in connection with an account or not.
– means you, the person making use of Our Site and/or the Services and whose Information we process as a result.